Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Review: Indigo Spell

Title: Indigo Spell

Author: Richelle Mead

Rating: 5 stars

The Blurb:

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch—a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood—or else she might be next. 
Review:
I bought this book at midnight the night it came out because honestly I feel like I have been waiting for this book for years and I really didn't want to wait until morning to read it. I finished this book in two hours and forty-seven minutes. I can 100% say that those two hours and forty-seven minutes were amazing!!

I don't want to go into too much detail in this review because this book has only just been released. What I can say is how much I absolutely loved this book and I'm already clamoring for more. Richelle Mead has said that this is the hottest book in the Bloodlines serious and I wholeheartedly agree. It was so passionate and  I was swooning and squealing all throughout this book, and I'm not ashamed to admit that. There were so many moments where I was audibly gasping and being amazed at what was happening. There was also a lot more magic in this book which was great. I feel like the more Sydney uses her magic, the more confident she becomes in thinking for herself about what's right and wrong. It's good for her to reevaluate certain aspects of her life.


Some things I can talk about that aren't too spoilery are the characters: 

  • Sydney was always a great character but in Indigo Spell she really starts to shine. She really starts to think a lot more for herself in this book which is something that I really love. She also seems to finally be stepping up and taking control of her own life. 
  • Adrian is as swoon worthy as ever, if not more so. I didn't realize how much I had missed his flirty/snarky comments until I started reading this book. He is in fine form with his witty one liners and romantic comments that could make any girl weak in the knees.
  • There has been a lot of speculation about Marcus Finch and I can't really say that I've decided on how I feel about him yet. He will certainly bring some interesting story lines for future books so I am excited for that. Until then I just can't say what I think of him at the moment because he's too new so until I have decided I'll just say I'm cautiously optimistic. 
  • Jill obviously still has the bond with Adrian which always makes what happens between him and Sydney interesting on a whole different level. I sometimes like to think about what's going through Jill's head when those two are off on an adventure. I'll say this for Jill; she sure is good at keeping secrets. 
  • There is also still a love triangle going on between Jill, Eddie, and Angeline. There's not a lot of time spent on this triangle, which is understandable, but that's not to say that nothing happens with it.


The ending to this book was really surprising to me. I honestly didn't see it coming at all and I'm so excited to read the next book in the series The Fiery Heart. Unfortunately we won't be able to read that for another agonizing ten months! That awful thought aside this is by far the best in the Bloodlines series and I can't wait to read more.

Don't forget to leave a comment about what you thought of Indigo Spell I love getting feedback :)

No comments:

Post a Comment